So 2014 has been a very busy year for me bookwise! So I thought I’d summarise the highlights!
I read 49 books
June, July and December were the joint best months for reading as I read 6 books in each of these months.
June was my best month for reviews as I reviewed every book I read.
Some of these books were read over the course of several months, but I’m recording them under the month that I finished them in
I gave 29 books 5 stars on Goodreads this year (I guess I was feeling generous!) and those books are shown by a blue heart ♥
I’ve written 17 book reviews this year and books that I have reviewed are in italics. Click on them to see my review.
My favourite book of each month is in pink.
- Lola and the Boy Next Door ♥
- Blue Remembered Hills
- Throne of Glass ♥
- A Scandal in Bohemia
- Crown of Midnight ♥
- Fangirl ♥
- The Assassin’s Blade ♥
- This Is What Happy Looks Like
- Clockwork Angel ♥
- Clockwork Prince
- Clockwork Princess
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender ♥
- The One ♥
- The Witch of Salt and Storm
- Solitaire ♥
- Shatter Me
- Only Ever Yours ♥
- Pivot Point ♥
- Four ♥
- We Were Liars ♥
- The Queen of the Tearling ♥
- Split Second ♥
- Dead Ends ♥
- Pandemonium ♥
- Under the Never Sky
- Panic ♥
- Isla and the Happily Ever After ♥
- The Boy in the Smoke
- The Manifesto on How to be Interesting
- Hush, Hush
- Crescendo ♥
- Blood Brothers ♥
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks ♥
- The Queen’s Fool ♥
- Out of Sight, Out of Time
- United We Spy ♥
- Cinder ♥
I went to a ton of amazing bookish events
- ‘Divergent’ film release fan-party
- ‘City of Heavenly Fire’ book release fan-party
- ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ film release fan-party
- Rainbow Rowell signing
- David Levithan signing (with Steve Camden)
- Lauren Oliver signing (where I got the chance to interview her)
- ‘Maze Runner’ film release fan-party
- Various YA book club meetings
- Holly Bourne, Non Pratt and James Dawson signing
- Becca Fitzpatrick Signing
- E.Lockhart Signing
All of these events were thanks to the wonderful people over at @YABirmingham on twitter and on the YA Birmingham blog! They already have some brilliant things planned for 2015 and I’m extremely excited!
I also posted the annual wordpress report for my blog which you can check out here
2014 has been such a fun year and I hope that 2015 is even better!
I guess there’s nothing left to say but….