So my very good friend Sofia nominated me to do this! I have no clue what it is, BUT HERE I GO!
- You must answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- You must list 11 random/fun facts about yourself.
- You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 (ish) followers to answer your questions.
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let the person you’ve nominated know that they’ve been nominated.
02/02/2015 : I was tagged to do this again by Maryam from MaryCanaryBooks so I’m adding my answers to her questions at the end
Sofia asked me…
1. What was the first book you remember loving?
I really loved the Rainbow Magic books as a kid, but the first individual book I remember loving was ‘Secrets’ by Jacqueline Wilson! I absolutely adored that book! Other childhood faves of mine are ‘Lexi’ by L.S.Matthews, ‘Hetty Feather’ by Jaqueline Wilson (the first book I ever cried at!) , ‘The Star of Kazan’ by Eva Ibbotson and ‘The Mysterious Benedict Society’ by Trenton Lee Stewart.
2. What is your most played song on your ipod?
Since I rarely use my ipod, it’s probably something I listened to incessantly when I was younger (like ‘Busted’ from Phineas and Ferb.) Nowadays, I listen to music on Spotify and I listen to the Legally Blonde – The Musical soundtrack every day (without fail!) (In case you didn’t already know, I’m a MASSIVE Musical Theatre fan!)
3. What is the dreamcast for your favourite book?
My favourite books at the moment are TFIOS and Only Ever Yours! I thought the TFIOS casting was perfect and they wouldn’t have done a better job! But I generally don’t like dreamcasting books because it ruins the way I see the characters! If there ever was a TV series or film of Only Ever Yours, I’d love it if a lot of the cast were relatively unknown actors! I don’t just want to say that Jennifer Lawrence should be freida and Samantha Barks should be isabel just because they are some of my favourite actors!
4. If you could create the perfect group of friends choosing fictional characters, which ones would you choose? Why?
Ooh this will be fun! I’d have to start with Peeta Mellark! He’s loyal and caring and would be the one we all go to when we have troubles or need cheering up! I’d then add Neville Longbottom! I just love Neville and the way he is the underdog and faces so much adversity! My group would make sure he never felt insignificant because Neville is just amazing! Next I’d add Princess Nehemia from the Throne of Glass series! She’s smart and a good friend, but also fierce and would stand up for everyone in the group if we needed help! Hermione and Luna would definitely make the cut! Hermione would be the brains and both girls would great friends! Of course, we need a bit of romance in the group, so I’ll add in Ron because Romione is just perfect! I’d also add Anna, Lola and Isla from the Stephanie Perkins books as I really love those girls! (I’d better wrap this up now because this is becoming a very large group!) Finally I would add Ava from ‘The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender‘ because I really connected to her when I read the book, and I would never judge her by her appearance and the fact that she has wings! We would be the perfect band of misfits!
5. What weird phobias do you have?
I don’t really have any! I’m scared of wasps and I can’t handle big spiders, but they’re the generic fears! I’m scared of busy roads and cars, but I don’t think it’s weird that I’m scared of them as I was hit by a car :P Most my fears are logical (unlike my friend Sofia’s fears :P)
6. Do you have a fashion idol? If so, who is it?
No not really. I like to dress comfortably so you’ll usually see me in leggings, a dress or a skirt! I really have no clue when it comes to fashion! I like fandom tees and jewellery and I like flowy stuff!
7. If you could date any superhero, who would it be?
I don’t like superhero movies! The only ones I’ve enjoyed are the new Spiderman films! So I guess Spiderman wins by default (though Andrew Garfield is insanely hot!)
8. Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?
Darren Criss. I just love him so much! His voice….his smile…. his eyes…..his……… aaaah. Just look at that face! How can you not be in love with him?!?!?!?!?!?
9. What currently airing TV show is your favourite?
Does Friends count? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE FRIENDS! I could watch it all day! In fact I have done that on several occasions! If Friends doesn’t count, it would have to be Sherlock (closely followed by Nikita, Doctor Who and Once Upon a Time.)
10. Favourite musical artist?
God this is hard! I’m going to interpret this to mean musical theatre artist because I don’t listen to much mainstream music anymore! I have a lot of musical idols and some pf my favourites are: Laura Bell Bundy, Idina Menzel, Lea Michele, Lesli Margherita and Samantha Barks! They all have fabulous voices that make me incredibly jealous!
11. If you could travel through time and go to any time period, where would you go?
OOOOH that’s so hard! I’d love to go back to the Tudor times and try on all the beautiful dresses, but I would also hate life without running water and marshmallows! I also just watched the new episode of Doctor Who today ‘Robots of Sherwood’ so 1900AD is looking pretty appealing! Jenna looked so beautiful in that dress <3 I wouldn’t want to travel to the future because I don’t want to ruin the suprise! I KNOW! I’ll go back to the time of the Big Bang and work out how the universe began! I can finally answer my agnostic questions and decide whether or not I believe in God! (DEEPNESS)
Maryam asked me:
1. Why did you start you blog?
I used to have a blog a few years ago but I could never think of anything to post on it. I’ve always loved to discuss books with people and to review them, but I’ve never really been able to network with other readers (apart from those in my circle of friends.) When I started my blog I killed two birds with one stone!
2. If you could have any book character as your best friend, who would it be and why?
I’ve been asked this a few times and I always pick someone from the Harry Potter series, so today I’m going to do something different and pick America from ‘The Selection’, primarily so I could advise her about relationships and get her to choose Maxon, but also because I really want to get to know her better. Plus America is musical and I love to sing so we could start an awesome band!
3. When did you discover your love for reading?
I’ve always loved to read so i don’t really know when it started. I have a lot of fond memories of going to the library when I was young and coming home with a tote full of books.
4. What’s your favourite animal?
This is a really hard question because it changes all of the time! So I’m going to say unicorns!
5. If you could change anything about the world, what would it be?
I’d eliminate prejudice, because it’s really stupid and it’s ruining our world!
6. Do you watch YouTubers? If so, who’s your favourite?
I love to watch YouTube videos and I watch a lot of very different Youtubers:
- Miranda Sings and PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger)
- Grace Helbig
- Rosanna Pansino (Nerdy Nummies)
- Christine (PolandBananasBooks and PolandBananas20)
- Kat (KatyTastic)
- Sasha (abookutopia)
- And a LOT more!
However my favourite YouTubers are John and Hank Green from Vlogbrothers. The Vlogbrothers videos are so diverse and could be anything from Hank’s music to educational videos or from punishments to behind the scenes videos from the TFIOS and Paper Towns sets!
7. Books or internet?
Books! The internet can only do so much but books are limitless! If the question was books or musicals… that would be extremely difficult, but I’d have to pick musicals (sorry books!)
8. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Ideally I’ll be performing on Broadway, living in New York with Sofia and our cat! I’ll be dating either Darren Criss, Legolas or Killian Jones and I’ll also be the next Disney princess! But at 25 I’ll probably be studying or working at my first job… BUT A GIRL CAN DREAM!
9. What’s your favourite Disney movie?
‘Beauty and the Beast’ will always be my choice, I just love that film! I was watching ‘Tangled’ this afternoon so I’m in the mood for some Disney karaoke!
10. Do you have any irrational fears?
Well my biggest fear is cars, but seen as I was hit by one I think my fear is rational!
11. Top ten books of all time?
No this is too hard! I’m just going to list some of my favourite books from throughout my life:
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Secrets by Jacqueline Wilson
- Lexi by L.S.Matthews
- The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton
- Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill
- The Star of Kazan by Eva Ibbotson
- The Witches by Roald Dahl
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
- Panic by Lauren Oliver
- The Rainbow Magic Series by Daisy Meadows
- Fairy Rescue by Gwyneth Ree
- Holes by Louis Sachar
OKAY! Now it’s time for:
11 facts about me
I’ve probably covered most of the interesting things about me on my 25 facts about me post, so I’ll try to come up with some new stuff:
1) I’m a crier! I cry A LOT! I’ve even cried today because one of my best friends got be a beautiful present full of heartfelt (but also some depressing, creepy and scary) messages!
2) I’ve been doing an Bronze Arts Award on my new secret WordPress blog and will find out whether I passed or failed shortly (*Fingers crossed*)
3) I’m teaching myself how to tap dance
4) I’m doing my GCSEs this year and I am SO INCREDIBLY SCARED
5) I LOVE Musicals and always have at least two musical soundtracks constantly playing on shuffle in my head! Today I have Legally Blonde, Wicked, Footloose and Frozen!
6) Speaking of Footloose, I did it at the New Alexandra Theatre over the summer and I was probably the best experience of my life! Still suffering from post-show depression!
7) In case you didn’t already know, I did a Q&A with one of my favourite authors, Lauren Oliver! I am so proud of it and you can check it out here.
8) I absolutely hate orange juice! I used to love it but one day, it suddenly tasted disgusting! I make an exception for freshly squeezed orange juice though, It’s delicious!
9) I have a bucket list on my blog!
10) If you can’t already tell, I ran out of interesting facts a long time ago!
11) I’m pretty boring really!
This is going to be pretty hard because Sofia and I share most of our booky friends, so I guess I’ll have to retag some of them to get to 11! HERE WE GO:
And I’ve run out of people… :( Anyone else is welcome to do it too!
The 11 questions you guys have to answer are:
- How do you organise your books?
- What is the worst book you’ve ever read?
- When and where do you read?
- If your favourite book was a musical, what songs would be in it?
- Do you have any reading goals for the year?
- When did you start reading?
- What vegetable would you compare yourself to?
- In your opinion, what are the best and worst book to movie adaptations?
- What was your proudest moment?
- Guilty pleasure?
- Do you believe in unicorns?
I hope you all enjoyed this! It was really fun to do! Thanks for the nomination Sofia!